Paul was an ex South African Military man, champion kickboxer and Director of the South African branch of an internationally accredited Krav Maga Association before moving onto private contracting and branching into maritime security specialization. During his time at sea he trained team leaders in counter piracy, anti smuggling and anti stowaway tactics. The last 15 years of his private career has been dedicated to Close Protection work and training numerous organizations in self defense and close quarter combat.
As a sought after CQC / CQB trainer, Paul has trained the South African Traffic Department, South African Park Rangers as well as various Women’s Groups in a bid to do his part in curbing violence against women and children. In 2017, he made the decision to take South Africa’s unique approach to situational awareness and self defense to the European market. During this time, Paul has trained multinational students, eventually settling in Tbilisi, Georgia as a base of operations to continue sharing his knowledge.
At present, he trains Krav Maga in Tbilisi, while continuing to offer his services as a CPO and close quarter combat coach to those wanting to improve upon their combative skills.
- National Diploma in Logistics
- SSO-Ship Security Officer
- STCW – Marine Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
- STCW – Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW – Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- STCW – Medical First Aid
- BMP- 4
- SIA Close Protection L3
- PSIRA Grade B Security Officer
- FPOSI L3, AoFAQ
- United Nations Advanced Security in the Field Level II & III
- United Nations Preparing and Responding Active Shooter Incidents
- United Nations BSAFE
- US DOD Level One Antiterrorism Awareness Training
- Krav Maga, International Chief Instructor.
- Krav Maga – Security and CPO Instructor
- Krav Maga – Military Combatives and CQC/CQB Instructor